It is now over 60 years since the brothers Blanchford left London to found what has become one of the best known and highly respected timber and builders merchants in this part of the country. Fred, Cecil and Ronald Blanchford began with the comparatively modest premises in Queens street, Oxford then grew steadily and soundly eventually expanding into the large flourishing company of today.
History shows that the three brothers chose an awkward time to get started just before the troubled years of 1939-40 and with the difficult post war years to face.
In the mid-50's there was a major change of direction and the family sold its interest in the business and Cecil and Ronald followed Fred into retirement.
With the establishment of new management and John Marsh and Henry Gillam as joint Managing Directors came the start of the period of expansion during which the Headington and Princes Risborough sites were acquired.
By the 60's the original premises in Queens Street, Oxford had been sold.
Throughout the 70's and 80's with Jim Piggott and Ken Slade at the helm and through to the 90,s with Bill Spittles and Brian Stacey the Company continued to consolidate and grow.
The current Management team is headed by Adrian Smith supported by John Hayden, and Peter Cutmore.
The Company remains a staunchly independent, traditional builders merchant focused upon providing both our trade and retail customers with the best possible service at our most competitive price.
Princes Risborough Branch
Blanchford Building Supplies
Website helpline-01865 759233
Telephone: 01869 225200